I would like to propose that Tally funds a series of Gitcoin bounties to drive integration of Tally wallet into popular Dapps via Blocknative Onboard.
Seconded. Interested in putting together a more formal proposal for the DAO launch?
For sure. What’s the best format for that? Happy to just riff something up if that’s easiest
Riff away! We don’t have a TIP format yet, but no reason to stop a proposal. I think we need to know…
- How many / what sort of bounties are you thinking?
- What’s the norm for comp? Is there a reasonable ETH or USD norm or does this only make sense with a Tally token?
- Any comparable programs that are well run and worth discussing?
- When should we launch it and when should we evaluate success / continued funding?
How many / what sort of bounties are you thinking?
Details needed for the Gitcoin bounty:
- Cooperative bounty
- beginner level, hours of work
- On Ethereum
- We will need an issue on the Tally Github to detail all this out.
- We will need to contact pro@gitcoin. co to set up the cooperative bounty
What’s the norm for comp? Is there a reasonable ETH or USD norm or does this only make sense with a Tally token?
- $2500 in bounties to start to test the idea
- $250 per integration
- We will list out target integrations but make it open to the community to suggest others for approval
Any comparable programs that are well run and worth discussing?
- V2 (Alpha): Can't approve ERC20s for trading on MetaMask | shapeshift Funded Issue Detail | Gitcoin | Gitcoin
- Not able to login into WordPress from Metamask Mobile Browser | metamask Funded Issue Detail | Gitcoin | Gitcoin
When should we launch it and when should we evaluate success / continued funding?
- I would suggest launching this in January of 2022
- Metrics for success include: Number of integrations launched, cost-per-integration, time to get this live, and overhead spent managing
I wanted to mention Unstoppable Domains has created a Gitcoin Bounty (in their channel) for their integration with Tally. They mentioned they wanted to encourage the community to perform the integration since Tally is OS, and it was a benefit to UD because their in-house developers are pretty busy at the moment. Maybe you can use this bounty as a framework to jumpstart other Bounties.
love the GPL philosophy… listening to Kris right now… good stuff… how can we work on getting this product integrated in aragon?
Gitcoin, CodelessCon and even Developer_DAO’s next conference (Web3 Con) are great places to showcase these bounties too.
Developer_DAO has a key missions of building open source and public goods, which aligns greatly with Tally’s mission. I am a part of Dev_DAO so would be able to help sort something like this out, if people are interested.
This is a great idea. Agree promoting this at hackathons and on social media would be a good avenues of publication. Maybe also consider working with BanklessDAO for promotion on this topic? they have a large community that could get the word out. Lots of integrations will be key to Tally’s success.
This is a great idea. Agree promoting this at hackathons and on social media would be a good avenues of publication.its real